Wednesday 27 October 2010

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Roy Bowskill



Roy Bowskill, 18, will be busier than most this Halloween as he stars alongside the cast of Marvellous Amateur Dramatics (MAD) in a horror movie themed Murder Mystery Evening.

Roy is currently working at the Co-op in Bridport having recently completed his A-levels in Drama, Photography and Media Studies. In his spare time Roy is hoping to pursue a career in drama.

Roy’s most recent production was in the Colfox School adaptation of St Trinian's, in which he played the minister and Flash. His next show will be the Madness musical Our House which will be performed at Bridport’s Electric Palace in March and April next year.

When not performing Roy enjoys reading and walking around the West Dorset countryside.

The MAD murder mystery evening will be at St Mary’s Church Hall in Bridport at 7pm this Saturday, October 30th.

WHAT do you like most about Bridport?
It is a great town to live in because you are never far from something to do. The beach is fantastic of course as well.

IS THERE anything you’d like to change about Bridport?
Not really, I think it’s great how it is. There is quite a lot for young people to do. We’ve got the skate park and the youth centre for the younger kids and then for people my age there are quite a few good pubs. Of course I’m looking forward to De Vinchies re-opening as well.

WHAT will you be wearing for Halloween?
I have got my Halloween costume ready and it will definitely be worth coming to see but you will need to come to the murder mystery on Saturday if you want to see it.

WHAT is the setting of your murder mystery evening?
It is the wrap party for a new horror movie from Buena Pasta Pictures. We are celebrating the release of 'I’m Your Number One Fang'. The cast play the film’s stars and crew and those who come along will be treated as guests at the party.

WHO do you play on the night?
My character is Rex Bannister who is an alcoholic. He will be drunk for most of the evening but he is actually the star of the film. He has had quite a long and fairly successful career.

WHAT would be your dream roles on stage and screen?
Ever since I was a kid I have wanted to play James Bond but I don’t think I would be quite athletic enough anymore. I quite enjoyed Shakespeare while we were at school and so on stage I’d like to play Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet, he seems like a laugh.

WHAT was the last book you read, film you watched and CD you listened to?
I have just been listening to my iPod actually, I don’t listen to CDs much anymore. The last song was 'Hey Julie' by Fountains of Wayne. The last film I watched was Braveheart, it’s a good film and I am trying to learn a Scottish accent for my current role and that’s the first Scottish film that came to mind. The last book I read was the last Twilight book, it’s growing on me. I’m definitely on team Jacob though, I don’t like Edward very much.

WHO is your character in Our House?
I play Callam who is on one side of the storyline. When Joe’s girlfriend leaves him to go to University she finds me. Joe, the main character, doesn’t like me because in society’s eyes I’m better than him. I’m richer, more intelligent and I’d like to think better looking.

WHO does Our House appeal to?
I think it appeals to everyone really. It’s got romance for those who are into that, you got the gangs of mates which is something for the lads and it actually has a brilliant storyline. The music is brilliant as well of course and any Madness fan can back me up on that.

WHO would be your three dream guests at a dinner party and why?
Fred Astaire, I’ve always liked his films and he has inspired me to take up tap dancing, which I hope to start soon if I can find the time. Johnny Depp, I don’t think he really needs an explanation but basically because he’s a brilliant actor and a funny guy. Russell Howard he is my favourite stand up comedian at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment