Wednesday 4 June 2014

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Julie Henderson


JULIE Henderson was born at Portwey Hospital, Weymouth, and attended Puddletown Primary School and Castlefield Senior School in Dorchester. She became a hairdressing apprentice, then a receptionist at Melson Wingate opticians before becoming deputy manager at the Adam’s children’s wear store in Weymouth. She moved on to join Specsavers before she became manager of Scrivens opticians in Weymouth.

WHY do you live in Dorchester?
I think it is a nice place and I enjoy it there. It is a market town with a beautiful character.

WHERE do you go for your holidays?
Spain, Greece, the usual places. Last year it was Kenya. I like the Greek islands best because of the laid back approach to life that they have.

WHAT is your favourite time of the year?
Summer because you can get outside and the days are longer.

WHAT is your favourite film?
Braveheart because it has a little bit of everything in it from romance to violence and it really appeals to me.

WHAT is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
I was driving through woodland near Dorchester when a stag suddenly ran out in front of my car and I hit it. My car was a write-off but the deer just walked away leaving me sat there shaking.

IF YOU could live your life again what would you be?
I would like to be a physiotherapist because I would like to rehabilitate people such as stroke victims. I feel that would be very satisfying.

WHICH three people would you invite to your dream dinner party?
I would invite Brad Pitt because he is so ugly… I don’t think! I would also invite King Henry VIII to see if I could keep my head and David Beckham because he is very good looking and an iconic sportsman.

WHAT would you do if you won the Lottery?
I would buy a really nice house, give some money to certain friends, help my children’s future and have a lot of holidays.

WHAT do you hope the future holds?
Happiness because the last year has been rubbish and I feel happiness is very important.

www.viewfromonline.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment