Thursday 7 August 2014

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Jackie Sonner


JACKIE Sonner is headteacher of Wyke Regis Infants School in Weymouth. She was born in Watford and first became a teacher at Sandford First School in Dorset before moving to Manor Park First School in Dorchester and then to Wyke in September 2013. She is married to Andy and the couple have two sons, Michael and William.

WHY do you live in Dorchester?
I think it is a beautiful part of the country and a nice, friendly town.

WHERE do you go for your holidays?
Lots of different places such as Thailand, Malaysia, France and Turkey. We really like to travel.

WHAT is your favourite time of the year?
Autumn because I think it is nice mellow time of the year and both my children were born then.

WHAT is your favourite film?
Dr Zhivago because it has Omar Sharif in it and magnificent settings both historically and geographically. It is that much used expression, “an epic”.

WHAT is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
We were in America and survived a crash where our car driver fell asleep at the wheel. We hit a crash barrier and spun round several times. We were lucky to be alive. The car was a write-off but all of us were unhurt.

IF YOU could live your life again what would you be?
I’d still be a teacher. I love it that much. If I really couldn’t be a teacher then I would be a film star for the glamour.

WHICH three people would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Nelson Mandela because he was very inspirational, Emily Pankhurst for her courage and bravery in standing up for what she believed in and Sebastian Coe because of the tremendous work he did with the 2012 Olympics.

WHAT would you do if you won the Lottery?
I guess I’d travel and it would also allow me to pursue other interests such as charity work.

WHAT do you hope the future holds?
The Government letting the teaching profession get on with its job! And world peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment