Wednesday 31 July 2013

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Nigel Reed



NIGEL Reed, 55, was born in Weymouth and was educated at Holy Trinity Primary School and the Royal Russell School in Croydon. He worked in Information Technology and then ran the cafe, The House on Pooh Corner in Weymouth’s St Mary Street during the 1990s before joining Basepoint. He was a county councillor for four years and a borough councillor for nine years including two as leader of the council. Nigel is married with five step-children, his interests include golf and skiing and he is a Chelsea supporter.


WHY do you live in Weymouth?
I was born here and, while I have spent some time away, there was always the pull to come back.

WHERE do you go for your holidays?
Anywhere and everywhere. Sometimes I just have a couple of weeks off in Weymouth or I might go on a golfing holiday abroad.

WHAT is your favourite time of the year?
I like May and June when the days are long before the nights start to draw in.

WHAT is your favourite film?
Star Wars because I am a big science fiction fan.

WHAT is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
Nothing really. I have torn my knee but I am still waiting for the ultimate shock.

IF YOU could live your life again what would you be?
I would be an MP because I just think that, after being a councillor, it is something I am interested in and that I would like to try politics at a higher level.

WHICH three people would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Mohammad Ali because I think he was a wonderful boxer and because he was a good advocate for his profession; Winston Churchill because I enjoy a glass of port and so did he; and Janet Street-Porter because I think that a dinner debate with her could be quite lively.

WHAT would you do if you won the Lottery?
I would probably set up a sort of Dragon’s Den enterprise to help budding small businesses, because to me that would have a benefit. All businesses start small. I’d also do all the main theme parks and golf courses around the world.

WHAT do you hope the future holds?
I hope I enjoy good health and that Weymouth realises the true potential that it has because this is something that I don’t think Weymouth has achieved yet.

www.viewfromonline.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment