Wednesday 7 May 2014

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Tracy Stagg


TRACY Stagg was born in Gosport, Hampshire, and was variously a wages clerk, an optician’s receptionist and a bookmaker’s clerk. She married, had a son and moved to Weymouth in 1987, working as a clerk at Ladbrokes before she came to the current CLIC Sargent charity shop as deputy manager in 1994. She has been manager since 2008.

WHY do you live on Portland? 
I just love it there. I think it is the best place in the world, wonderful. Every time I go home from work, Portland seems a bit different when I arrive back.

WHERE do you go for your holidays?
My husband and I usually try to take a break in Devon or Cornwall. That is our favourite part of the country. It is lovely down there.

WHAT is your favourite time of the year?
I love the spring. The emerging growth, all the flowers. I love flowers and everyone is so cheerful to see the sun again.

WHAT is your favourite film?
Any Harry Potter film. I really love them all because it is pure escapism and good triumphing over evil.

WHAT is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
My son having cancer. He was eight when he got it, he is clear now and 32 years old, but it still makes me cry now to think of what happened.

IF YOU could live your life again what would you do differently?
I would go to university. I don’t know what I would do there, but I have always wanted a better education.

WHICH three people would you invite to your dream dinner party?
I would invite Jesus because I am a committed Christian and I would invite the author Ken Follett because I read a lot and he is my favourite author. The third person I would invite would be Richard Branson because he thinks outside the box and he has some great ideas.

WHAT would you do if you won the Lottery?
I would buy a nice new house on Portland, have a wonderful holiday visiting relatives in America and I would make a big donation to charity.

WHAT do you hope the future holds?
Better health for me because I have arthritis and a better world for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment