Wednesday 20 June 2012

60 SECOND INTERVIEW: Ben Dobson


SPORTS fanatic Ben Dobson, from Honiton, has set up his own personal training business, BD Training. At just 22-years-old, Ben has a wide range of sports-related qualifications, varying from being a black belt in taekwondo to a badminton coach, plus a degree in sports coaching and development from Newport University in Wales. He formerly attended the Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis.

WHY did you decide to become a personal trainer?
I became a personal trainer to help people and make them feel good about themselves. I’m really good with people, which I like to emphasise.

WHAT services do you offer?
I work with people with a wide range of ages and varied skill levels. I also have a wide range of qualifications, I’m a black belt in taekwondo, I coach badminton, I’m a weight trainer. I can offer weight loss programmes, toning, nutrition and general well-being. 
For example, one client had not done any exercise in her life. She was 23 and a size 16 and within nine weeks with me she dropped to a size 12 through exercise and an eating plan.
I have cheap rates because I’m just starting out and I offer a free consultation with no obligation to come back. The hardest part is putting on the trainers.

WHAT sports do you enjoy?
Everything really! Rugby, rock climbing, surfing, basketball – just so many.

WILL you be watching the Olympics and which events are you looking forward to?
Yes, I’ll definitely be watching them. I’m a sprinter myself so I’m looking forward to the 100 metre sprint and the relays. I love the aspect of having the Olympics in the UK this year.

WHAT are you other personal interests?
Just any sport really, health and fitness. I’m also looking to set up classes during winter in East Devon and in Lyme Regis.

WHAT do you like about living in East Devon?
The space – you can go wherever you want, whenever you want. The availability of resources is also quite varied. I’m a country boy really.

WHAT would you change or add to the area if you could?
I’d like to have a larger leisure centre with better sports facilities. Also stuff for young people to do to help them get into sports.

WHAT three items would you want if you were stuck on a deserted island?
A penknife, my rugby ball and other people.

WHERE is your ideal holiday destination and why?
New Zealand because you can ski, surf and go to the beach.


1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 20 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete